Jake Tran is the youngest ever to receive a black belt in Krav Maga under John Whitman of Krav Maga Alliance. What takes many years for most people, Jake was able to complete in only 5 years. Jake has learned multiple martial arts systems since he first started training in 2007.
* Trained Boxing under Robert Crawford, who has taught world champions, pro fighters, and golden glove winners.
* Trained Krav Maga and Dutch Kickboxing under Otis Berry
* Trained Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Pedro Sauer blackbelt, Vaja Ioramashvili.
* Krav Maga Level 1 Instructor Certification
* Bas Rutten Fight Club Certified Instructor
* Lead instructor for Krav Maga and Muay Thai at Pure Performance Martial Arts Center.
* Krav Maga Level 2 Instructor Certification
* Krav Maga Level 3 Instructor Certification
* Krav Maga Level 4 Instructor Certification
* Krav Maga Level 5 Instructor Certification
* Krav Maga Alliance Black Belt under John Whitman
* Krav Maga Alliance 2nd Degree Black Belt
Jake also serves as the striking coach for pro MMA fighter, Cisco Isata, since 2011. He has cornered Cisco in his bouts at World Series of Fighting (WSOF), Shogun, and Cage Fury Fighting Championships (CFFC). Cisco is currently the 145 Champion at Shogun and Strike Off.
Outside of fighting,
Jake also received a Personal Protection Specialist certification under the Executive Protection Institute and became a member of the Nine Lives Associates in 2013.