Please read the general membership email that was sent out today regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19). In addition, we are sending additional information to specialty teams/classes.
Amateur Boxing Team
- Practice will be limited to individual non-contact drills and skill development.
- Sparring has been discontinued at this time.
- Athletes will be required to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before and after practice sessions.
- Bring bottled water or your own container. You should try to refrain from using the water fountain.
- No loaner gloves will be provided at this time. You are encouraged to have your own gloves.
- Athletes will be encouraged to leave immediately after practice.
- Practice will take place outside whenever possible.
- Make sure your clothes and hand wraps are clean. Sweaty clothes and hand wraps are a breeding ground for bacteria. Wash your gym clothes and hand wraps with 1 cup of white vinegar to remove the smell and help kill the bacteria and virus.
Young Champion Program
- There will not be any sparring for the time being.
- Instruction will be without contact with other students.
- Washing hands before and at the end of class.
- Wiping down gloves and all equipment used after class with disinfectant wipes.
- No traditional handshake to coaches and teammates.
- No loaner gloves at this time. You are encouraged to have your own gloves.
Muay Thai Program and Israeli Self Defense Program
- Classes will be held with modifications so there is no contact.
- Since BJJ requires contact, we will postpone classes for the immediate future and Coach Gary will re-evaluate on a weekly basis.